Fit-4-2 Exercise CLASSES
These classes are a fusion of Pilates and physiotherapy. Helping women to prepare, recover and restore their bodies during the childbearing year.
All Fit 4 2 Pregnancy and Postnatal classes are taken by a Physiotherapist with 15 years experience in women’s health and obstetric physiotherapy. Don’t leave your prenatal health and exercise needs in the hands of anyone but a trained health professional.
Fit-4-2 : Pregnancy
Fit-4-birth is a Pregnancy exercise program.
This class helps you to strengthen and prepare your body and mind for labour and birth. The class is a fusion of Pilates, yoga, physiotherapy and Birth Skills. This is a mat pilates class incorporating the use of the fitball, theraband and hand weights.
In this class you will;
- Strengthening your body to cope with the demands of pregnancy and preparing for caring for a new baby.
- Improve your back, abdominal & pelvic floor strength; fitness & flexibility.
- Learn Birth skills, Pain management strategies, movements, and optimal maternal positions for labour and birth.
- Learn breathing & relaxation techniques for pregnancy, labour and birth.
- Learn pelvic floor relaxation and pushing techniques.
- Learn about early post-natal recovery before birth.
- Learn exercises to reduce common pregnancy aches and pains.
- Remaining active during pregnancy can help reduce lower back and pelvic girdle pain.
- Gain confidence, reduce fear and learn to trust your body to birth your baby.
You are welcome to join the classes at any stage of your pregnancy but we recommend that you commence classes during the second trimester and continue until the birth of your baby.
Times : Tuesday 5.15pm and Saturday 8.30 am. Class duration is 1 hour.
You are also welcome to join virtually via zoom ( An equipment pack including exercise ball and theraband can be purchased for $110)
The current recommendation of exercise during pregnancy is 150min of moderate exercise a week this should include aerobic, strength and core exercises.
Some of the benefits of Exercise during pregnancy are:
- Increased cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength and tone.
- Prevention and management of incontinence.
- Remaining active during pregnancy reduces the risk of back and pelvic girdle pain.
- Reduces constipation.
- Reduces bloating and fluid retention.
- Improves your mood and psychological wellbeing and reduces stress, anxiety and depression.
- Less chance of developing urinary incontinence
- improved sleep
- May help prevent and treat Gestational diabetes
- Better weight control and body image.
- Improved posture and balance.
- May improve your ability to cope with labour, improved endurance and a faster recovery after birth. Women who exercise during pregnancy have a decreased need for pain relief during labour and a decrease in maternal exhaustion during labour they are also less likely to be induced.
Join our Fit-4-2 Program today.
Fit-4-2 : Postpartum rehab
This class is the perfect way to rehabilitate your body after childbirth. Restore pelvic floor and abdominal tone, rebuilding and strengthening the core foundations of the body from the inside out.
This class is suitable for all women whether you have had a vaginal or caesarean birth.
Every birth is different and every woman’s recovery is unique but as a general rule it is recommended that you commence classes 4-6 weeks after a vaginal delivery and 8-10 weeks post Caesarean birth.
Kirsten is always happy to check your technique and assess your Diastasis during class.
Babies are most welcome to attend.
If you prefer to stay home with your baby there is the option to join via Zoom.
A Postpartum physiotherapy check is recommended prior to joining this class to discuss your birthing experience and assess pelvic floor and abdominal muscle activation.
You may be given some homework to prepare your body before you join this class.
Fit-4-2 Class Price
1 casual class = $25
10 class pass = $225 ( 6 month expiry)
Clinical Studio Pilates class
This is a small group or private Pilates class using the large pilates equipment -Reformer, Trapeze table, Wunda chair and ladder barrel also including Pilates mat work and small props ( foam roller, Pilates circle, weights and Fitball ).
These classes are run in small groups of up to 4 participants and are suitable for pregnant and postpartum women. They are great for pregnancy, strengthening and preparing your body for birth and aiding your postpartum recovery and return to exercise and sport.
An Initial assessment is required before joining these classes.
A Pilates program will be put together for you which may focus on core and pelvic strengthening, posture, flexibility myofacial release and sport specific exercise. Your program focuses on your goals which may include a comfortable pregnancy, preparing for birth or your postpartum recovery and return to sport.
Class Duration is 60 minutes
Prices – $40 Casual
5 classes $185 ( 3 month expiry), 10 classes $345 ( 6 month expiry).
I’d love to have you as part of the crew.